Saturday, 6 July 2013

Hair of the Dog


First blog post... How do I begin? What do I write about? When I read food blogs (more than I'm proud to admit), I mostly just look at the photos and live vicariously through them. Unfortunate but true. Well, here goes nothing...

Come to think about it, it is only fitting that my first blog entry is on Hair of the Dog. I am a regular at this place, to say the least. Admittedly I come here way to often and I somehow also succeed at persuading my friends to bring our get-togethers here. Hey, what can I say? I can be very persuasive... :)

Hair of the Dog has an intimate atmosphere, friendly staff, absolutely fantastic drinks... and simply just a great part of the neighbourhood. It has two patios, one on the lower level, one on the upper level. It might be hard to get a seat on the patio in the summer months, but you can always grab a fantastic Caesar and wait inside until a space frees up on the patio.

Hair of the Dog Exterior



And yes, they have a fantastic Caesar, honestly I think it is the BEST in Toronto. I know that is a bold statement. I eat out A LOT, and I always get a Caesar. So far, nowhere has a Caesar as amazing as Hair of the Dog. And their secret is.... wait for it.... Frank's RedHot instead of Tabasco. Yep, now you know.

Hair of the Dog Caesar
with Frank's RedHot...




In terms of food, I order one thing and one thing only... Southern Fried Chicken! I love fried chicken, and eat it way to much. I have a weakness for simple comfort food, dressed up. Their fried chicken is moist and incredibly juicy on the inside, with a well seasoned crispy coating. It's typically served with mashed potatoes, which I always substitute for sweet potato fries, and a side of chipotle mayo.


Southern Fried Chicken 
House made crispy coating served with mashed potatoes (substituted with sweet potatoe fries), cornbread muffin and slow cooked chicken gravy




Last but not least, Hair of the Dog is clean (for a pub)! You can go to the bathroom at 1am on a Friday night/Saturday morning and it will be clean. So... have no fear ladies, and drink away!

I guess this concludes my first attempt at writing a blog post, ending on the note of bathroom cleanliness...

We will see how this goes...


Until next time,

A

Likelihood of Returning* = 5/5

This is a predictor of how likely I will revisit this establishment in the future. My likelihood of returning is dependent upon various factors, such as my personal taste preference, my personal experience at the restaurant, my perception of the value provided by the restaurant, as well as other factors such as location (for example, on a TTC subway line), personal convenience, price and the preference of the friends whom I often dine with.


Hair of the Dog on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...