Thursday, 18 July 2013

Rose Water Restaurant - Winterlicious

Summerlicious 2013 is drawing to a close. I thought this would be the perfect time to write a post about when I went to Rose Water Restaurant... for Winterlicious. What can I say, I clearly have perfect timing.

This post is bringing back very fond memories. Although it was just a few short months ago, it felt like a different time. I miss that time, simpler and happier. And I miss hanging out with the people that I went to this meal with. But hey, like I always say, you win some and you lose some. Bummer, I know.

Nostalgia aside, this was genuinely a very tasty meal at a beautiful restaurant. For appetizer, I had the Spiced Garlic Shrimp, served with Black Pepper Pernod Butter, Fennel & Pine Nut Slaw. My friend (who is amazing and awesome and fantastic to say the least, and also a donkey enthusiast) had the House-Smoked Duck Prosciutto and let me try some. The shrimp was nothing special, not at all memorable. The Prosciutto was more flavourful than the shrimp, but also nothing to write home about.

For entree I had the Cast-Iron Seared Cobia Bass, which was awesome! As you can tell by the picture, it was a generous serving of fish. I hate going to a restaurant and leaving hungry. I may be going to nice restaurants, but I don't do small portions, trust me. The bass was perfectly cooked and well seasoned. And I also loved the crab firecrackers, I can get an entree with just those guys alone.

Cast-Iron Seared Cobia Bass
Ginger Scallion Broth, Black Pepper Crab Firecracker, Asian Ratatouille



The three ladies (myself included) at the table all got different desserts and shared. We had the Warm Maple Roasted Apple & Raisin Crumble with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, Trio of house-spun sorbets and the "Passion Fruit Tart"? According to the menu, the chocolaty item at the very bottom is a Passion Fruit Tart... which I am sure is wrong. It's not a tart, certainly not a passion fruit tart. For now, I will call it... Chocolate Bomb. All three desserts were very delicious, especially the chocolate bomb, it is a hemisphere of chocolate mousse, sitting on top of a hazelnut flavoured wafer, topped with roasted hazelnuts. It tasted like a moussey version of Ferrero Rocher. 


 Warm Maple Roasted Apple & Raisin Crumble
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, Brown Sugar Caramel



Trio of House-Spun Sorbets
Fresh berries




Chocolate Bomb



A three-course lunch for just 20 dollars. I can't complain. I left the meal happy, satiated and with a hint of hazelnut on my tongue.

Good food, good company, and a good time. Life was good.


Until next time,

A

Likelihood of Returning* = 3/5

This is a predictor of how likely I will revisit this establishment in the future. My likelihood of returning is dependent upon various factors, such as my personal taste preference, my personal experience at the restaurant, my perception of the value provided by the restaurant, as well as other factors such as location (for example, on a TTC subway line), personal convenience, price and the preference of the friends whom I often dine with.


Rosewater on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...