Saturday, 7 September 2013

Terroni

This post may look long, but it won't be wordy, that much I can promise you. The reason behind my sudden brevity is that we ordered mostly off their seasonal menu and I can't recall even the name of the dishes we had. But don't you worry, I will still exercise my judgement and make commentary on the restaurant anyway. ;)

Terroni has multiple locations, the one I frequent is located on Adelaide. I have been here a handful of times and will continue to visit in the future, in fact, I still have an unused gift card sitting around somewhere at home. Terroni, like most restaurants in the Financial District, has tasteful decor and great ambiance. In terms of seating, I suggest asking NOT to sit at the long table right by the entrance. We were sat here on one of my previous visits, when we were entertaining American colleagues. With the door constantly opening and closing and patrons having to walk past your table to get to the hostess, it is quite an interruption to your meal. Not my cup of tea.

In terms of food for this particular visit, we ordered off the seasonal menu, mostly summery BBQ items. We had the grilled sword fish, lightly breaded shrimp, vegetarian pizza topped with mozzarella, sun-dried tomato, arugula and parmigiano, and stuffed zucchini flowers with meaty croquettes. For dessert, we had their panna cotta, which I order on every single visit without fail. Not much else to say. Terroni has solid food and a it's pretty good place to bring out-of-town visitors.

Now I will proceed to let the pictures do the talking. Enjoy.

Terroni exterior & interior




Peach bellini


Cocktail with rosemary


Bread & olive oil
I don't think I have very refined taste buds, this olive oil was too bitter for my liking


Fried stuffed zucchini flowers and meaty croquettes



Vegetarian pizza
sun-dried tomato, mozzarella, arugula, parmagiano


Lightly breaded grilled shrimp
with grilled vegetable


Grilled swordfish


No idea what this was... ice cream? who knows


Panna cotta
pure awesomeness



Until next time,

A

Likelihood of Returning* = 3/5

This is a predictor of how likely I will revisit this establishment in the future. My likelihood of returning is dependent upon various factors, such as my personal taste preference, my personal experience at the restaurant, my perception of the value provided by the restaurant, as well as other factors such as location (for example, on a TTC subway line), personal convenience, price and the preference of the friends whom I often dine with.


Terroni on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...