Sunday, 27 October 2013

Hana Korea

Winter is coming...

It is 5 C (41 F) out there and soon enough, it will dip into the negatives. Everyone will be bundled up in puffy jackets, the sun will set at 4 o'clock sharp, the street will empty and simply inhaling the Canadian winter air will be painful. What does one do? Pack on extra body fat hibernation-bear-style? Perhaps not such a bad idea. I can help you with that, by bringing you my winter-time favourites, starting now. ;)

On the top of my winter comfort food list is Gamjatang, which is Korean pork bone soup. It consists of big pieces of fork tender pork neck bones served in a rich meaty spicy broth. Depending on the restaurant, you might find a variety of vegetables in the soup as well, the usual are potatoes, bean sprouts, scallion and napa cabbage.

I had Gamjatang at countless restaurants scattered around parts of Toronto and my favourite is Hana Korea. I feel like I have been there hundreds of times, although that would be an exaggeration. Hey, I did go to U of T after all, of course I spent a fair amount of time dining on Baldwin Street.
Hana Korea exterior & interior



Gamjatang
price varies from time to time. you can ask for different spiciness levels. served with white rice.


Seafood Pajeon
Korean seafood pancake


Bundle up folks, get ready for winter! I will of course do my part by continuing to bring you winter comfort food ideas and where to go to eat them.

Let us prepare for our winter hibernation together. Guilt-free. The extra body fat act to insulate your vital organs. Trust me on this. I would never lie to you. ;)


Sincerely yours,

A

Likelihood of Returning* = 4/5

This is a predictor of how likely I will revisit this establishment in the future. My likelihood of returning is dependent upon various factors, such as my personal taste preference, my personal experience at the restaurant, my perception of the value provided by the restaurant, as well as other factors such as location (for example, on a TTC subway line), personal convenience, price and the preference of the friends whom I often dine with.

Hana Korea on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...