Saturday, 2 November 2013

Lola's Kitchen

Winter comfort food - chapter 2

If you cut my veins right now, it would run orange... a pale shade of orange to be exact. Why? Because I have been obsessed with butternut squash soup and I have eaten it an obscene number of times in the past couple of weeks. This week is not yet over, and I had butternut squash soup five times already. 

Gluttony meets obsession. Not ideal.

This brings me to Lola's Kitchen, which is known to make fantastic food in house with fresh and seasonal ingredients. Their menu features a large variety of vegetarian/vegan dishes. I have been here several times. What brings me back this time? A hunch that their soup of the day might be of the butternut squash variety. And I was correct.

Butternut Squash & Pear Soup (vegan)
8
sweet, savoury, hot, velvety smooth, hits the spot


My dining companion, who is a normal human being and not obsessed with butternut squash soup, had the portobello & brie sandwich. We both had a side of frites because they are awesome, especially with their home-made garlic aioli. Yep, I know how to eat! ;)

Portobello + Brie Sandwich (vegetarian)
13
portobello mushroom, brie, basil pesto and arugula


Another winter comfort food, as promised. More to come.

Until next time,

A

Likelihood of Returning* = 4/5

This is a predictor of how likely I will revisit this establishment in the future. My likelihood of returning is dependent upon various factors, such as my personal taste preference, my personal experience at the restaurant, my perception of the value provided by the restaurant, as well as other factors such as location (for example, on a TTC subway line), personal convenience, price and the preference of the friends whom I often dine with. Or... is it somewhat indicative of what's not said? Ha, stop that paranoia! Or should you... ;) 

Lola's Kitchen on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...